Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

Happy Independence day!
Thanks for the package! I got it this morning. I thought Scott's card was hilarious. Thank you very much for the See's candy and all the other cards. I loved it. My birthday was pretty much a regular missionary day. Not too much you can do really when your birthday falls on a Saturday as missionary. Elder Fuchs did all he could to make it as fun as possible. He started by waking me up at midnight and singing Happy Birthday to me. Then I got up at the nromal time and walk out of the bedroom and there is sticky notes everywhere wishing me a happy birthday. We also went out to eat with Elders Watson and Pope at some super expensive pizza restaurant. Elder Fuchs bought little party hats before I came so he handed those out. It was funny. He also drew me a picture and wrote at the bottom that I have made the right decision to be born haha. It was a nice birthday. I got to make up for it when I get back to Colorado.
So has Ellie won a match yet? How is she doing it? How many matches has she played? I was kind of confused of what has been happening with her there?
Yah, the Juutiset were pretty sad to see me leave. V seemed ok at least that I was heading out. Sister Juutinen ran out of the room crying. She couldn't really watch me leave. It was pretty sad but I think she will be fine though. They are doing great. They were definately a fun pair. I hope to stay in contact with them. Jorma K is the man! He was one of our investigators in Pori. He is a stud and so much fun. He was a pleasure to teach and hopefully a good friend for a long time to come. Great guy.
 I think I should be in Espoo until the end of my mission. Next change call should show for sure the rest of my mission. Elder Fuchs is going home a change before me for school so I should have a least one more companion after him. But I am super excited to serve with Elder Fuchs. He is a phenom in speaking Finnish! It's awesome!
We have a big week ahead. We meet President Rawlings on Wednesday. Exciting times. That's all I have. Tell everyone thank you for the birthday wishes.
Love,
Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment