Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Hei Family,

So I don't forget. I sent the suit home with a white shirt. The shirt was only 5 euros so don't freak out when you see it's worth 50 euros. Just had to make that point clear. The suit should be there soon. I think.

Things are going well here. Elder Fuchs and I are trying to find someone pretty solid to teach. We have a couple investigators that we just don't meet too often. So we are hoping to get tha going.

President Rawlings is a stud. He is very big on finding and teaching families, so that is what his big focus is. The members are super impressed that he still speaks finnish really well and even more impressed that Sister Rawlings is learning it and doing super well at it. They are awesome. We had a zone leader council with them with them which was super cool. We all went to the temple and after had lunch and a meeting at President's house. I got to see Elder Gorringe again. He is doing great. You asked about who is Elder Christiansen's companion and he is with Elder Horne and Elder Peterson. So there are 3 AP's for the moment. They are all just crazy busy. 

Elder Lytle is just going home at the normal time which is 3 weeks later. There is a choice: You go home 3 weeks early or 3 weeks later. Everyone usually goes home 3 weeks later unless they need to get home for something. I am going home 3 weeks later. I went in October 14th, 3 weeks later, I go home November 3rd. No one goes home on the exact day. So that is what's happening here.

I didn't get too much mail but it was sweet to get some for my birthday. I get tons of mail from Sister Folkman. She is consistent writer. I did get the facbook happy birthdays which was great. Thank you for that. I also got a happy birthday card from the Juutinen's back in Pori. As for the field, Elder Lytle sent me his typical, same box of expired pistacio pudding which he sent me last year fro my birthday and the same one that I resent back to him for his birthday. Then I got a couple phone calls from Elders Marlor, Higginson, and Pearson and Budd. It is pretty nice. It was fun.

I'm trying to write as many people back as possible but we just don't have too much time here to write. I'm working on it. Juts tell everyone thank you for the letters.

Story: So we got asked to do some service. We went and chopped up some trees in the forest. There were tons of mosquitos! Apparently, American blood is a more precious than the European blood ( Finnish and Austrian) so i just got eaten alive. We counted out about 80 on each arm and have tons on my head and neck. It has been a miserable past 2 days trying not to scratch my entire body. I have been covering myself in this anti-itch insect cream and it has barely helped. I feel a lot better though today.
I love you all and I thank you for everything. Tell Ellie good job and that I hope she keeps winning. That's great! Tell Matt hello for me and I hope you have a great week.
Brian's favorite friends from Pori
with President and Sister Brown
I love you all,
Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment