Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

Hey Family,

The Saints won the Superbowl, that's awesome!  Did Favre retire again?  :)

Change night just passed, so I'm staying at least another 6 weeks in Savonlinna with Elder Beard.  It should be good.  We are going to buy bikes so we can get around.

Still haven't taught Sanna yet.  We taught this lady that Elder Watson and I tracted into and we taught her.  She has a serious problem of cutting people off when they speak.  I tried to say 2 sentences and then got cut off both times.  We will see how it goes.  We did sing to her though.  We sang He Sent His Son in Finnish.  It was nice.  Other than that, nothing too exciting.

I have language school next week.  It's in Helsinki for a day and that's all I really know about it.  I get to see everyone again.  The new Finns get in tomorrow which is awesome.  That's exciting because I'm in Savonlinna for another 6 weeks.  I get to speak in church again - woo hoo - another 20 minute talk.  :)

I'm liking what a lot of the Elders are doing here for when they home - they don't get to use Finnish so they are buying Finnish Disney movies so they can still watch and hear Finnish.  It's pretty cool, I might jump on that wagon sometime in the future.

The night all the time doesn't bother me.  It's light out when I leave the apartment and it just gets dark sooner.  It's not a big deal and I don't even notice it.  The summer is going to be a different story.

The ice cream here is unreal by the way, it's soooo good.

Be sure to thank Sister Logan for me for the card - that was so nice of  her.  Also, Deb Holub wrote me, she is awesome!

We still have not gone bowling yet - sometime soon.

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment