Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY MOM!!!!!  Hope it goes awesome for you.  What are you doing?  What did you get?  What did you do for Gram's birthday?

Hope you weren't freaking out about not getting an email on Monday and on Tuesday. We had to move our p-day to today because we have been doing school presentations. There is no separation between church and state here so it is required for students to be in a religon class. So we went and taught the students about us. It went well. They are so interested in me and Elder Beard just cause we are American. It is pretty awesome. They know so much english at there age. Its ridiculous. It makes me feel horrible cause of how well they know our language and how us in America don't even care about learning a new one.

Purchases. I bought a bike. I bought some snow tires (which are AWESOME). I feel invincible on snow tires. It's like im riding a lighter two wheel tank. The things are unbelieveable. The snow tires were 80 euros but the church reimburresses them so i will get the 80 euros back. I bought a helmet. The helmet is nothing special, it's the only one that wasn't 60 euros. I had to buy a beanie so i could fit it under my helmet. I bought a sweatshirt from dressman (the greatest store on earth). Sweatshirts were around 20 euros at the market for an ok looking sweatshirt but i got a nice one for 29 euros. I might as wells get the nicer one cause if it is still good at the end of the mission, i got a sweet nice sweatshirt going home. I also bought a new tie. Elder Beard and I got some compy ties. They're nice. as for shoes, im going to hold off for a while. I dont really need service shoes yet. I will, indeed, need another coat next year. The coat does horrible in the wet cold and in the wind. The winter is almost done so its too far away. Don't recommend people to go to mr. Mac's. Earlier in the previous change, first time a wore the gray slacks, they split down the middle. And a ot fo buttons on other pants and jackets are popping off. Sewing is my down fall haha. It's alright though. At least i will be good at sewing when i come home haha.

It finally got cold again. Its about -22 now here in the Savonlinna. The lady we were teaching  dropped us. she said she was too busy to meet with us and wanted to stop meeting for awhile. I dont'k know what happened because she felt the spirit so strongly. I don't know. Brighter note; We visited the woman Elder Wason and I found, is progressing! We taught her once and cut us off after everything but we went back again and she is half way through the book of mormon! It's awesome!  So we will see how it goes from here.

Language. I still have no idea what's going on. Next topic.

I have language school tomorrow. I leave at 1530 today for Helsinki. I am staying with Elder Baccile! I love that guy! Its good i get to see my crew again. I'm excited.

I got the package on the 15th. Thank you very much. Bordeaux was gone in 10 minutes. I love the card from ellie and the heart notebook form the book club. I read about the saints. Good for the saints. Thank you very much for eveything. It's so exciteing getting mail. We hear the mailman every morning dropping mail through people's slots and its so exciting when we get stuff. i love it

I do need some thinsg from you. I hear the deordoant here is terrible. If you could send me some no odor deororant or something that would be great. Also, as funny as this may sound, i really need the bell that Chris bought me for my birthday haha. I need a bell. So whenever you get a chance, this isn't urgent, just send it over. Thank you.

That's all from Savonlinna.

Love you all,
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment