Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010



Hey family,

We got 19 teaches with week. 

QUICK RECAP:
Nigerian man- never answered the phone
2 new investigators this week
2 new less actives we have met with that haven't been met with in years
1 less active, hasn't been to church in 50 years is now preparing for the Aaronic Priesthood
1 less active is committed to give up smoking ans doing a great job at it

HUGE WEEK! The best week of my mission! That less active work we had was amazing. We are goaling and working for getting 20 teaches this upcoming week.Hopefully, we can get some baptismal dates this week. It's looking good

I found a football fan in Finland! He is a less active and he loves the Seattle Seahawks. He loves this old player named Cortez Kennedy. I don't know him but dad might. The guy is way cool. Appartenly, Lappeenranta has a semi pro football team and they pay you to play. That is super intriging. A thought for the future. He was a manager for the team. It sounds cool. I'm hoping they are still playing and maybe Elder Schoof and I can go see a game (if it's allowed)

Who is this person in Turku that the Emmelkamps wnat me to visit? I would LOVE to go serve in Turku. It's in my top 3 places to go in Finland which means I will never go to those 3 places haha. 

I got your package. The FedEX woman now has my phone number and is just going to call me whenever i get another package haha. I gave her a pass along card with my number it. Hopefully, she calls twice :)

How tall is Ellie? She looks so tall!!!!  I like the picture of dad unzipping his hoody with the finnish flag underneath. I need to get him a new shirt. I noticed in the picture you took of grandma that she has the broach I made on! YAH! How did you get the picture on me and the guys at the BYU game from the newspaper?

HIGGINGSON IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best news! I'm so pumped. My guess is he goes to Kerava with Hybarger. Just a thought. I was hoping to maybe be his companion but after the language test and everything, there is no way I go senior. Cool with me. I love not having all that responsibiity :)

Well, I'm going to learn how to cook something new today. Should be fun. 

Dad- "Heipa" is the word "hei" with "pa" on the end which is added for emphasis. I'm not too sure what the emphaisis entails but I hear Finns say it so I do too.

Well, I got to go. Off to the Tuen Grilli for a burger. I'll let you know how it goes.
I came across this little hut while googling Lappeenranta - a guy from California had a burger blog and he was in Finland and particularly Lappeenranta and loved their burgers and posted it - I sent the information with the address to Brian and as it turns out - it was only blocks from his apartment so they are going to give it a try.  The only issue is that the blog was written 3 years ago and we don't know if this little place is still there.
Here is the picture of the guys burger from the blog - looks super yummy to me!!!




Heidå (Swedish)

Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment