Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8, 2010

No email today..........don't know what happened.  I emailed Elder Beard's mother and she did receive one this morning so his P-Day was not changed.

Until next week I guess.

WAIT........I texted Dan on his trip to let him no NO EMAIL and he just called me.  He got a letter on his computer, whew!!!
So, here it is........


Hei Perheni,
What's going on at home? How are things going? What's new?

Well, things are going extremely well here. We have an investigator who came to church yesterday! The guy is a stud.  I think he is really really interested in what we are teaching. He enjoyed himself at church and is coming next week again. I have a lot of high hopes for him.
Things are really picking up here. We are not contacting aan tracting everyday all day cause now we have people to teach. we have one tonight, one tomorrow, and 2 possibly 3 on Wednesday. It's awesome. We have another investigator who wants our help to stop smoking. It should be really good. We have a plan! I'll let you know how it goes.
We leave for Oulu for Zone Conference on Thursday morning. We take a train out to Joensuu. Then we are road tripping again with Elders Falk and Watson. Should be good. I love zone conference. I'm pretty excited.

Yes, I do like Helsinki. I'm not used to seeing big buildings cause there is none of that in Savonlinna. I hope I can serve in Helsinki sometime in my mission. But, right now, I love being in Savonlinna. I hope I can stay here for another change or two here.

I'm teaching myself to give myself my own haircut. That is what's going on today. That should be fun or horrible haha. Also, I'm learning how to make this awesome fish soup and is so good and my own jam. These will be very useulf to know down the road and I'm excited.

It's so cool being able to speak another language. Elder Beard and I were talking to this one guy in Finnish but we couldn't speak Finnish. So we switched it to English and he knew very little Englsh. we asked him what he was and he was Russian. So we called up Elder Falk, who is Russian, and Elder Falk talked to guy and told him about the church. It was so cool. It's awesome being able to switch languages for people. Its so cool!

Finnish is going along. I feel like I just took another step up in understanding and speaking. So it is coming. I'm excited.

Also, I mailed Chris a letter. I also mailed Kristem Savage a letter at the same time. I had my mittens on when I put them in the mailbox but I only remember seeing one letter which was Chris'. Kristen's may have been stuck to it but i'm not sure. I looked around for Kristen's letter and I couldn't find it. I hope I sent it. So, we Chris gets his letter, can you, like a couple days later, asked Kristen if she got hers.? Also, can you ask Chris which of the pictures he sent me is Sophie. I have no idea which one. That would be great.

Did Dad try the samiakki? What did you like of the choclate?

Got to go. I love you all. Talk to you soon. Crazy to think that come March 14, i will be out in the mission for 5 months already. Whoa! I'm running out of time! Love you all
Vanhin Behnke

No comments:

Post a Comment