Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4, 2010

Hey family,

I just re-opened an area called Savonlinna.  So me and my trainer companion, Elder James Beard, have been shotgunned into the place.  It's a pretty small city.  Our apartment is right next to a castle, so it's pretty cool.  It's been kinda stressful so far.  We spent our first couple days settling in, building furniture, and stuff like that.  Still haven't done any laundry yet cause we needed an extension cord for the washer.

We tracted and contacted a little bit, it's pretty cold here!  It was -25 degrees yesterday.  That was an adventure.  My Finnish is horrible!  But I can understand more words than I thought I was going to be able to.  But really have no idea what's going on in any conversation.  :)  We were talking with this one lady on the street and I have no idea what was going on.  It was like jhdkssshtncdachnaaaiiiss KRISTUS hjwstgngr.  So, I was like alright!  We're talking about Christ, RIGHT ON!  :)  So that's what's up.

The branch here is pretty small.  Only about 30 members but only about 15 go.  So I've a lot of work to do here.  I think everyone is pretty nice.  Don't really know what is being said but they look friendly.  It was fast and testimony meeting so I bore a terrible-grammer in Finnish and gave the closing prayer.  It's tough stuff.

I hope everything is going well at home.  I don't know my address.

I love you Fami, got to go.

Vanhin Behnke

My companion - Elder Beard:

No comments:

Post a Comment