Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011

Hei,

First off, how did Dad's birthday go? I had it marked on my calender in Espoo and completely forgot about it when i was writing home two weeks ago. then I was going to apologize and ask about it in my last email but forgot again! I remembered this time?

I have replaced Elder Gorringe in Oulu. The ward here loves him. One of the recent converts who Elder Gorringe taught thinks I look like Elder Gorringe and calls me "Gorringe 2." One lady at church told me that I have some big shoes to fill cause of all the great work he did here. Pretty sweet. I am really happy to be here. Things have started super well though. We just got 2 baptismal dates with people we just started teaching this week. Awesome. We should have a lot of good things coming. 

I'm sooo tired. We travel soooo much. Last week, we went to Vaasa for splits which was a 4 hour drive there and 4 hours back. Today we leave for Savonlinna for a splits and district meeting. So that's 11 hour travel. We come back Wednesday. Thursday we leave for Kajaani which is another 4 hours. Then we head to Pietarsaari which is another 6 hours on Friday. Sitting in cars all day makes you so tired. but, it's great. Things are happening for us all over the place. 

You talked about suits. I'm done buying suits. I have bought 2 new ones last change. I'm good. They were pretty cheap. I don't need some super expensive suit. I think these are pretty good. I can just wait to get some shoes when I get home. Of course I'm bringing Grandma's scarf home. i don't have many scarves so I'm not sure what scarves you are talking about. Room in my bags is not so much the problem as weight. I have a lot of heavy books. We'll see. I also want to bring back some chocolate and other good things.

Great job for Ellie! 2nd place is great especially for her first year and she went undefeated! Awesome! That's so sweet that Dad is dominating people! How long is his season? Will he be playing when I get back?

I'm super stoked for fantasy football! Nathan Stanford wrote me and said that his dad is working on somekind of house in Provo so I may be in that type of deal come winter. We'll see and really not worried about that right now.

I saw a movie poster for the The Planet of the Apes is Born (direct translation from finnish so I don't know the real title). How does it look? Is it cool? Has anyone seen it?

I love you all and I will talk to you next week.

Vanhin Behnke


No comments:

Post a Comment